When Alex Rouse, from Green Bay WI, came home recently to a house smelling of smoke, she knew something was terribly wrong. What she didn’t know was just how wrong is was about to get.
After searching the house quickly and checking the furnace, she went into the kitchen and saw that her oven was turned on. When she opened the oven door, she found her Pekinese/poodle puppy, Hulk, burnt to a crisp. Here is a photo of the late Hulk:
All that is known, at this point, is that someone broke into the house and placed the dog in the oven.
I consider myself a fairly open minded individual but I just don’t see any scenario where I would break into someones home and cook their dog. When Glenn Close cooked the rabbit in Fatal Attraction, I could kind of understand it. People eat rabbits and they are not that much fun to play with. I also understand that certain cultures eat dogs and I am ok with that too.
However, to do such a thing out of sheer spite, or stupidity, is truly a galling act. It wasn’t even an ugly dog! Maybe the person broke in the house and wanted to shut up the yapping dog. Out of all of the possible ways to acomplish this, this person came up with the “oven plan”. That is a special kind of sick mind that comes up with that kind of plan.
So, as you start planning to cook your Thanksgiving turkey, please, keep an eye on your pets. Especially the smaller ones that can fit inside of any kitchen appliance. I suspect copycat killers will soon follow and move on to the microwave (again), refrigerator, garbage disposal, blender…well, you get the idea. And I suppose if, God forbid, you do end up accidentally cooking a pet, at least throw some onions and carrots on top. It’s just not right to waste good food.
Tip a tall cool one to the late Hulk. Happy Thanksgiving!